What is coaching?
Coaching is partnering with clients to identify what is most important their personal and professional lives. Through this partnership, coaches help clients explore solutions and strategies that enable them to align their thoughts, words, and actions to maximize their personal and professional potential.
Coaches are professionally trained to listen on multiple levels, observe, inspire and provide support that enhances performance and the quality of clients’ lives through expanding existing skills and creativity.
How is coaching different from therapy?
- Coaching is not therapy, which goes into depth about various issues, usually dealing with the past.
- Coaching is more action-oriented and focuses primarily on the present and future.
- As your coach, I empower you to find your own “answers” through the work done in our coaching partnership.
How are coaching sessions conducted?
The first telephone call is a coaching consultation to decide if the sessions match your needs and goals.
- Next, we schedule a Discovery Session to design an alliance for the coaching partnership and to explore more about you.
- After the Discovery Session, we schedule 2-3 sessions per month: 45 minutes each. In order to give the coaching process the necessary time to evolve, a 3–6 month commitment is highly recommended for best results. Afterwards, we work together from month to month until you feel complete in the process.
- All coaching sessions and client information are considered confidential.
- Coaching Sessions are usually by telephone appointments with the calls placed by you.
The purpose of Discovery Session is to design a coaching alliance together to determine how I can best support you in this coaching partnership. The Discovery Session focuses on the background necessary to launch our coaching partnership.
The Discovery Session may start during the complimentary coaching consultation. It includes reviewing why you are interested in coaching; your relevant background and other necessary personal information. In addition, you and I explore your goals, values, vision, what really resonates with you, what motivates you and what holds you back. The Discovery Session generally is completed in two sessions or in one hour and a half session.